- The local fairytale witches' convention is held within a mile of your village. They won't be able to resist showing off their magical powers and you don't want to be in the way. A distance of at least 20 miles should be okay. Start running...
- The local fairy godmothers decide to have a get together a mile the other side of the village. Much the same applies for the witches' convention. Get out while you can. (Oh and if you grow pumpkins don't be surprised if when you get back someone's pinched the lot).
- Just for fun, the wizards decide it's time they have a jamboree to show the fairy godmothers and witches how magic should be done. This does not go down well. Fairy godmothers and witches unite, for once, to show said wizards "sisters really are doing it for themselves". Fun to watch from, say, another continent.
- The usual signs of the moon turning blood red and you and your neighbours hear something that sounds suspiciously like four horsemen saddling up.
- You are "invited" to help destroy a ring of power. If you like a quiet life, this invitation is one to refuse pronto.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.