- The locals are either overjoyed (said fairy godmother has just removed a dragon that was threatening them) or subdued (said godmother has had to tell them off for something - and nobody scolds quite like my Eileen. Once heard, never forgotten).
- Magic has clearly been performed. All magic ends up eventually "earthing" itself to either a high point (usually a tree) or the ground, like lightning does, and leaves scars. Each spell has a unique "signature" so the more magically astute can work out from these scars what was performed (and from that the godmother most likely to have done this).
- The ill-treated step daughter does go to the ball.
- The ill-treated step daughter discovers she now has to work out how on earth to walk in glass slippers and then dance in them. (By the end of the evening her feet are killing her).
- There is a noticeable shortage of pumpkins in the area.
- Spindles suddenly disappear (due to a godmother's warning to new royal parents).
- Posh looking coaches suddenly appear out of thin air. There is a vague smell of pumpkin in the air.
- The locals have been quizzed about whatever it is threatening them (and they look quizzed. Eileen has never been subtle with her questioning).
- The local witch looks as if she has been through a magical storm backwards (if she was lucky this was due to just being quizzed by Eileen or Hanastrew. If unlucky or stupid, the witch tried to challenge the fairy godmother and lost and was only spared her life because the godmother in question wanted the witch to survive to be able to warn others about what can happen to those who think of challenging them).
- Wicked stepmothers, ugly sisters etc are suddenly very worried as their past catches up with them. It is not unknown for fairy godmothers to act to help their charges out but also to punish those ill treating them later.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.