- Don't annoy the Fairy Queen or Eileen. They will react badly. And anyone with a wand who reacts badly is not likely to be sending you to a health spa with their next spell.
- Avoid dragons. Always good advice. You know full well a dragon will flambe you, bite your head off or claw you to death so best to give these creatures a wide berth. (Or at the very least always carry a fire extinguisher - but this can be inconvenient).
- Don't be Roherum. The Fairy Kingdom, despite its vast size, has only room for the one mildly annoying but avuncular and popular with the public journalist.
- Don't join the fairy squad unless you want a life which is constantly endangered tackling dragons, trolls, the Chief Witch and so on. (Hanastrew does not have a life insurance policy. These things do exist in the magical realm but nobody will insure her. She sees this as a compliment, as did Eileen before her).
- If you must go for a woodland walk, avoid talking wolves. Nothing good can come out of this. Also don't try to mark a trail so you can find your way back again using bread crumbs. You may as well not bother. And there are plenty of creatures who would see the bread crumbs as the first course. Guess what would be their second, main course? Let's just say these creatures are not vegetarian.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.