- Be a slave for your family until your fairy godmother turns up.
- Do eat a good, healthy, shiny red apple daily and ignore the scare stories.
- Use environmentally friendly building materials and yes, the big bad wolf will appreciate it. Funny you should ask.
- Porridge is good for you so always eat it whenever you get the chance.
- It doesn’t matter what anyone tells you but nobody looks beautiful with fish scales as part of their body. Do go and see the local witch/beautician who, for a small fee, can sort you out here.
- Size does matter. Doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female but people have got to be able to see you.
- If you think you heard the cat talking to you, you might want to re-examine just what was in that bottle of drink you just had and/or how much you had of it.
- Always be suspicious if you come across any building made out of confectionery. Someone is either showing off or trying to lure someone in.
- If you look different to everyone else around you, it is just possible you might belong to a different species. Worth checking out. And, of course, you’re not ugly.
- If your hair is long enough to reach to the ground from the top of a tall tower, it is definitely time to see the hairdresser. Scissor phobias can be overcome.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.