- What dragon? I can't see.... The speech usually is cut off at about this point. One recently fed flying lizard goes and finds somewhere to digest its lunch. This will, however, be of no use to you, who would've been that lunch.
- Yeah, right, a witch is going to come out of nowhere and curse me... course they will. Well, actually, if you are visiting a magical world, this is a real possibility. Lines like this one tend to tempt fate. And fate has never been known to put up much of a resistance to temptation. Who will pay the price? You will, of course, as said witch does turn up and curses you.
- I won't be taken in by a big, bad, talking wolf. How hard can they be to avoid? Harder than you think actually. People are so focused on the talking bit here that they forget the wolf is an apex predator whose tracking skills are brilliant and who will have no trouble whatsoever in hunting you down. It won't matter if you can see him. The big question is can you outrun him?
- There is no such thing as a monster... Guess what? In a magical world, you can bet you are wrong on this one. There are monsters. The really clever ones are humans who won't reveal their more monstrous side until it is too late for their victims.
- What harm can a dwarf do? They must be used to jokes about their size by now. Yes, they are. It doesn't mean they like them though and they all come armed with at least a pickaxe so the harm they can unleash is considerable. Still you could always try pushing your luck and not taking my word for it....
You know you're really in trouble as a visitor to the magical world if you hear or speak the following:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.