- I don't care how powerful a witch/wizard you are... (you soon will!)
- There are no dragons in this area... (you do remember they can fly?).
- I can't think why this spell is on the banned list. I can't see anything wrong with it. (There's usually a huge explosion seconds after someone has said this).
- The Fairy Queen/Eileen/Chief Witch/Hanastrew (delete as appropriate) will never find out (really? Prepared to bet your life on that?).
- Everyone knows the rarely sighted monster is vegetarian, no signs of meat consumption have ever been found in its known habitat. (Ever considered this is because it eats the bones as well?).
- What do you mean - an ogre? What ogre? (This is cue for the old pantomime cry of "He's behind you"!).
- I believe I can fly.... (no, you can't unless you really are a magical being with a broomstick, a spell that enables you to fly or something of that ilk).
- If I just nibble some of the gingerbread off the corner of this house made of confectionery, nobody will notice.
- What big bad wolf?
- Of course I'll keep an eye on the time, fairy godmother. When have I ever let you down?
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.