- You do know what I can do with this wand? (Roughly translated, this means you're about to find out the hard way, pal).
- I've transformed rats with more character than you. (Roughly translated, this means guess what you're about to become).
- I'm sure the spell book said... (Roughly translated, the elderly witch/fairy godmother/wizard has misread the ancient calligraphy in their book and disaster is about to ensure - for you).
- This time you WILL go to the ball. (Roughly translated, this means the fairy godmother did not pronounce her spell clearly enough and you have either been brought back from a hall or are recovering from a nasty fall - anything that rhymes with ball basically).
- The crystal ball is a very useful piece of equipment, I'll have you know. (Roughly translated, it can double up as an offensive weapon if I throw the thing at you. Now stop asking awkward questions if you know what is good for you).
Fairytale one-liners you definitely don't want to be on the receiving end of:-
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.