- Justice will out - and often unpleasantly.
- Magic must appear somewhere in the story.
- Talking animals will often show more sense than the human characters.
- There are no shades of grey in fairytales, it really is a case of black and white. There will be good guys, there will be bad ones and that's that.
- No amount of good looks will cover up an ugly heart. Likewise no amount of ugly exterior appearance will cover up a good heart. See Beauty and The Beast for more on this.
- The youngest will always do well.
- The ill treated will end up being rescued from that. Now might be a good time to really think hard about how you're treating someone. You never know when someone might get into a position where revenge isn't just possible, it's highly likely.
- Sympathy will always be shown for the downtrodden. A suitable justice will be prepared for those responsible for it.
- Fairy godmothers always turn up in a glittering magical display. It isn't compulsory but they like to turn up in style.
- Witches always turn up when least expected and at public events. So always befriend a powerful fairy godmother (you'll need someone on your side) and try not to offend the witch in the first place.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.