- Dragons are best avoided on health grounds.
- Never trust a Grand Vizier. Not one has proved to be trustworthy.
- If you come across talking animals, listen to what they're saying. They are bound to have a message for you. It's why they're allowed to talk.
- Run away terribly fast from any building that appears to be made out of confectionery. No good comes out of this.
- Never volunteer to inspect an oven from the inside (children, particularly beware of this).
- Always treat any strangers you come across compassionately. Many are witches/wizards in disguise and will reward anyone helping them.
- Only go down a yellow brick road if that really is the way you want to go.
- Never eat unattended porridge, sit on unattended chairs and so on. The owners always come back.
- Wearing glass slippers is best avoided. They do nothing for the feet.
- Turning your back on an old crone is unwise, they're likely to be a witch and why give them an easy target to aim at?
The sensible fairy tale characters share the following beliefs:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.