- Always assume wizards are treacherous. Eileen has been accused of being cynical and judgemental for this, mainly by Brankaresh who did turn out to be treacherous. Eileen feels totally justified in taking this view. She feels history confirms her case here.
- If dragons suddenly turn up somewhere, it's certain an enemy has unleashed these to at best distract you from what they're really up to and at worst to destroy you. Only answer to this, according to Eileen, is to destroy the dragon and then go after the enemy.
- Always eat, drink and sleep well. You never know when you're going to be called out to deal with some magical emergency so it pays to be prepared.
- Always keep your wands fully charged. See point 3.
- Always read the latest spell books and magazines. This is basically to keep up to date with good magical practice, to adopt improvements to standard spells that come out from time to time and so nobody has the edge on you because they're read these things and you haven't.
Eileen, prior to her defection to Earth, started the fairy squad to help her police the Fairy Kingdom. She taught them defensive and attacking spells and her talks to the squad were full of advice on what to look out for when on patrol around important buildings like the Palace. Some of Eileen's tips are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.