- A failure to develop the character properly so he/she/it is literally half formed.
- A character fails to achieve what they set out to do (and usually resents it).
- A character lets down another character they're close to, sometimes deliberately.
- A character, previously a decent one, goes to the "dark side" but some great stories come out of that kind of change.
- A character has a crisis of confidence, leading to errant behaviour - the story there is do they come out of this and, if so, how?
Character failures can be:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.