- Can't you use your magical powers to bring an end to all wars throughout all known universes? That would be a great use of magic.
- Can't you use your magical powers to end hunger, diseases and so on? Again use magical skills practically.
- If magic is so wonderful, why is there a long history of wizard wars, witch battles and so on?
- Why doesn't everyone have the same amount of magical ability? That at least would be fair.
- Those creatures that would not normally be magical and have the ability to think and speak (e.g. the big bad wolf, Puss in Boots etc) - don't they realise there is something odd about themselves and that the likelihood of anything good coming out of it is remote? Okay Puss in Boots is an exception but he is a cat and cats always land on their feet! It's just in his story he does so metaphorically!!
My rebellious fairy godmother, Eileen, is an expert at asking the awkward questions and landing herself right in it again as a result. So what are the awkward questions in a magical world? My nominees are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.