- Make sure you are humble. Bad things always happen to the arrogant, the proud etc. Fairytale justice tends to be on the tough side.
- Help others. The number of older people who turn out to be fairy godmothers, good witches or wizards in disguise is quite incredible in the fairytale world. Spurn helping such older people and you can guarantee you will be offending a powerful magical being, which is never a good career move.
- Prove yourself worthy. Then help will come to you. It never comes to the undeserving in fairytales.
- Seek advice, never be afraid to admit you don't know. Again help will always be given to those who seek it. Those too proud to do so will inevitably be caught out by magical traps, their own arrogance etc. The fairytale world really does not like characters who are full of themselves.
- Assume you DO have a fairy godmother. Find out who they are. Call on them for guidance. It is what they are there for!
My advice to those wanting to be a fairytale "star" includes:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.