- Loss of magical ability can affect any magical being. It is dangerous of course given it can make someone vulnerable to enemies and all are aware of this. So expect your character to lose focus, to be anxious, irritable, angry or whatever that such a thing is happening to them.
- Your character will spend a lot more time practising whatever magical skills they still have. This is vital. It is done to try to prevent any further magical loss and to compensate for what has happened. If your character has been cursed to cause this loss, they will want to reassure themselves they haven't lost everything.
- Your character will read up on case studies and any other material they think might help them overcome any curse (the usual cause of this kind of loss).
- Your character will try to bribe or otherwise negotiate with the one they think is behind the loss or with one who is far more powerful. If successful problem solved either way. They've come to terms with the being who cursed them or have found someone to fight their battles for them. Naturally there will be a price for this - a heavy one but your character will consider this worth paying. It's got to be better than oblivion.
- Your character may go into denial. It won't fool anyone.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.