- The Logical Song (Supertramp). Logic and magic don't usually go together well and the Fairy Kingdom knows what it prefers.
- My Way (Sinatra). The Queen would ban it on the grounds Eileen loves the song. The Queen feels the attitude shown in the lyrics is all wrong.
- God Save the Queen (Sex Pistols). The Queen loathes sarcasm so this would see this "song" banned. The Queen also prefers a tune to songs so would ban the song on that as well.
- Light My Fire (The Doors). This is generally seen as giving encouragement to dragons so that makes this song unwelcome.
- Holding Back the Years (Simply Red). Time meddling is firmly frowned upon and discouraged so the realm won't play a song with a title which they see as encouraging that!
- Behind the Mask (Eric Clapton). Eileen would see this as Brankaresh's theme and on those grounds that simply wouldn't go down well.
- Jumping Jack Flash (Rolling Stones). The sprites would like this but the Queen would not want any song that might encourage the pixies and imps in their less than desirable behaviour.
- Puppet on a String (Sandie Shaw). The Queen would ban this on the grounds she would not want to be seen as the puppet master/mistress.
- Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (Carpenters). The Queen feels alien beings, or at least the ones she doesn't know about, are best left to their own devices so calling them is the last thing anyone with sense should do.
- Could It Be Magic? (Barry Manilow/Take That). The Queen's answer to this would be fairly abrupt (though with less swearing than Eileen would use) but the chief reason for banning this one is the doubt contained within the question. For the Queen, there is no doubt with magic. It either is there or it isn't.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.