- The magically abusive are never interested in acting for the good of others, only themselves.
- They are generally interested in the power of a certain spell or curse, rather than in what use it is to the magical realm as a whole.
- They will develop spells or curses to enhance their own influence/power.
- They are highly unlikely to put their own lives at risk. They will have minions for that. The clever thing here is ensuring you are not one of them.
- If they co-operate on developing magic, it will be for what they can get out of it (and they will reap the rewards of this as soon as possible after completion of the project).
The magically abusive can be spotted by anyone with reasonable intelligence and who is prepared to ask awkward questions. Eileen's definitive list, which she produced when set up the fairy squad, is below.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.